Today is

Wednesday, January 13

King Crimson.

And when I thought this band couldn't get any better, I uncover another long lost track that certainly gives "21st Century Schizoid Man" a run. "Pictures of a City" from King Crimson's 1970 album In The Wake Of Poseidon is an incredible song, that has the same energy level that I muchly adore about the first track of their debut album In The Court Of The Crimson King. I have only two full albums in my possession, as my internet usage never looks healthy enough to have the confidence to download another. So I scour the internet for tracks that have similarities in the tracks that I like, and I thought I'd give "Pictures of a City" a go. I am certainly not regretting it.
King Crimson is a varied band I think, the way that they produce such a similar sound between tracks, yet still making such a difference in every song. I suppose you that last sentence won't make sense unless you have heard the band, and listened to more than one track.
In ending, I will leave you with a quote. This is from "Pictures of a City".
Concrete cold face cased in steel
Stark sharp glass-eyed crack and peel
Bright light scream beam brake and squeal
Red white green white neon wheel.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment